Thursday, March 24, 2016

Athletes And Their Stories

Many athletes have a story for why they have accomplished so much or so little in their life time. This isn't just true for athletes, but for anyone in the world. From what I see is that there are many professional athletes that have came from a sad and hard background. These athletes make it far in their career, not only in their sporting career but in their family life too. They become a person that is strong, hard working and a more loving kind of person.

Football and basketball are some of the sports that you will find athletes with stories. Now a lot of this could do from where they are from or what they have done in their past. These athletes are the ones that have lost someone special in their life, a parent walked out when they were little, abusive home life, drug involvement growing up, etc. This has nothing to do with race or discrimination, it has everything to do with where they are from, grown up and raised.

I have so much respect for athletes with stories like these. It is amazing to me how hard they have worked to be where they are.  It shows and proves that you can do anything no matter how difficult things are in your life. A lot of these athletes will go and speak to young athletes. They are considered motivational speakers to kids that come from backgrounds like them, have a bad attitude, or just think they are better than everyone else. Their stories can reach out and hit young athletes in many different ways. I come from a very good background and these people make me want to be better in many different ways. They make me want to work harder at a sport, whether that is in practice, during a game or the off season. They make me want to be a better and bigger person in life. I start to see how good I have it compared to a lot of other athletes. If I see that they can make it as far and succeed that well, then I don't have any excuse to not do the same.

I encourage you to go listen to a motivational speaker and be open minded with it. Sometimes people cant take them serious, because they are to stuck up with their own life. I guarantee you will walk out of that room and feel like a different person. If you are the type of person that didn't set goals in life, you will after hearing an athlete talk. You will want to change your ways in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment