Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Dream Big (534)

I've always had a dream to play a sport in college. Watching my sister go off to college doing so, their friends, my cousins doing so has always made me dream of accomplishing that too. I never knew what sport I wanted to play whether that was volleyball, basketball or softball. I have done a lot of thinking and playing these sports throughout the year and one day I finally knew what sport I wanted. Both of my sisters went to college for basketball and I thought that is what I would want to do too, but I want to play volleyball. If you talk to a little kid and ask them what their dreams are, they say crazy things like "I want to be super man. I am going to play NFL right out of high school. I want to have super powers." Now some of these dreams they mention can be done, but they have such a beautiful imagination and want to do something great in their life. When I speak to kids that talk like this make me want to accomplish my dreams so these kids know its possible to do.

When you get to a point in your life where these dreams are becoming reality, it doesn't seem real that you have made it this far. Doing something you love and having the determination to make your dreams come true is an awesome feeling to have. People who make it big and a little kid got a chance to watch them do so, looks up to them and believes they can make it happen too. I never really knew I wanted to play volleyball in college until I was 14. My person I looked up too and knew I could accomplish anything I set my mind too was Kristin Haun. She went to Kennedy High School and played volleyball, softball and basketball. She LOVED softball, but decided to play volleyball in college. She became an all American libero at Iowa State and now plays over seas. I had the chance to watch her succeeded these huge accomplishments and that's when I knew I could do the same. As I started high school I knew I wanted to play volleyball, but didn't know exactly what level I wanted to play at in college. I never thought I could succeed at the level I want to if I went division one, but as I am getting closer to this decision I believe I can, and watching Kristin do it makes me think I can even more.

One thing I have always wanted is some little girl or boy looking up to me and believing they can accomplish anything like I looked up to Kristin. Dreams are always a good thing to have, but making them come true takes a lot of hard work and determination and many kids don't understand that. Every kid needs to know how important it is to have dreams, but most importantly that you can make it happen if you put your mind to it. I have noticed it helps every kid to watch someone that they closely know accomplish theirs to want to make their dream happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment