Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Adrenaline

I play for Adrenaline Volleyball Academy out of Robins, IA. I used to play for Six Pack out of Cedar Falls, IA. I love both clubs and have learned a lot about volleyball through both clubs. I have met amazing people and most of these people will be in my life for a long time. I consider my teammates my best friends.

Playing competitive club volleyball insists of an eager to get better and be the best player in the gym. There has to be goals for the team and for yourself. Just going to practice and going through the motions is not going to cut it. When playing volleyball you have to have an urge to win and play as hard as you can. You should feel adrenaline run through your body. Many times before I play I am tired and want to take a nap. When the match starts I don't feel that way anymore. I am more excited and wanting to play as hard as I can.

I would consider my sport friends my closest friends and best friends. They are with me majority of the year and will always have my back. I am extremely thankful for the friends I have made through playing sports. These people will be in my life for ever and ever. Playing a sport with people you love makes it forty times more fun and competitive.

I have learned a lot about how to play volleyball these past five years. I have been with a total of 4 clubs, but where I learned A LOT about volleyball was Six Pack. I've had all amazing coaches. Doug Palmer has taught me a lot of the fundamentals and have made me have the mindset that I have right now. I am truly thankful for him and all he has done for me. My next coach was Marty Smith. He is and was by far the best coach I have ever had. He has made me a tough player physically and mentally. He has taught me that everything you do in life and on the court, you can do better at. I used to be the player where I needed compliments and needed to be told that I was doing good, but after I had Marty as a coach I no longer thought that. He has taught me where I need to be to succeed at a high level. The next coach is Austin Filer. I love Austin, he gives me so much freedom to work on the court. He knows I will get the job done and I have been coached so good in the past that I can coach myself after a mistake, but Austin will tell me and put me in my place if he thinks I am wrong. Austin has done so much for me to get to college. I love that part of him, because I know he believes in me that I can go somewhere big some day. Austin's coaching style is a lot different than what I am used to. He is much calmer than Marty or Doug and I like it. I appreciate having different kinds of coaching styles, because it gets me ready for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment