Thursday, January 28, 2016

Word G'mon

The saying 'Word G'mon' is a really funny inside joke between my family and I. My sisters and my cousin used to watch the movie She's The Man everyday in the summer. We got to the point where we knew what would happen next and all the words. She's The Man is about a high school girl playing soccer and her high school cancelled their team. The boys coach wouldn't let them join their team, so she pretended to be her brother while he was in London playing music at a different high school. There is multiple love stories progressing throughout this movie. It is an entertaining and joyful movie to watch. Our favorite line in the movie is when the main character says "word g'mon". Ever since this movie we have always said it as a joke.

As the year has progressed and I have written more and more blogs about sports I decided to name my blog Word G'mon. I thought, because the movie is about soccer which is about a sport and my blog is written about sports, that I should name my blog that. This saying has a lot of meaning and history behind it. I have gotten comments about my blog title of why I would want to name my blog that. I just answer with a laugh and say it is an inside joke.

1 comment: