Thursday, February 4, 2016

Differences In Clothing

Is there a difference in the kind of socks, pants, shirts or shoes you wear? Do athletes wear more 'sporty clothes' than any other average person? I have noticed that athletes have many 'sporty clothes' and not just sweatpants but nice expensive kind of brand. With me being an athlete, I think of wearing Nike clothing, because I think Nike resembles the athletic and 'sporty look'. When walking the streets or sitting in school, do you see more people wearing Nike socks or Under armor socks? Personally I see more people wearing Nike socks than any other kind of sock. There are some people that say wearing a brand other than Nike, shows that you are poor or doesn't have as much money when a lot of the times other brands are just as nice, they just don't have the 'extremely athletic' theme behind their clothing.

When I think of a very athletic and talented sporting team, I think of them all dressed up in Nike gear. Over the years Nike has done a great job in portraying themselves as the sporty and athletic brand. Nike clothing is very comfortable and I think it looks the best on players. There are many talented teams that don't wear Nike, but many wish they did. When you think of the brand Rox or Prince, you don't think of a very elite sporting team. There are plenty of teams that are in the top 10 across the country and are wearing these kind of brands. What I am trying to say is that Nike has portrayed themselves extremely well and the sporty look and not many brands have done that, so more and more people will buy Nike clothing and think of the other brands as not so nice.

I have heard many comments where people don't believe that athletes dress up a lot. From what I have seen this statement can be some what true, but in many cases it is false. Athletes love to bum at school, but when it comes to dressing up they can pull it off good. I know for me, I love to dress up and look like a girl, instead of always wearing athletic clothes. I would say athletes dress up more than they bum. Yes they have a lot of variety when it comes to athletic clothes and tennis shoes, but athletes ALWAYS know how to dress to impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment